Advanced Football Manager
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Advanced Football Manager

The Advanced Football Manager Forum!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Round 11 - reactions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

Round 11 - reactions Empty
PostSubject: Round 11 - reactions   Round 11 - reactions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 12:36 pm

Well, three games left to go, what are your prospects after this round of games?
Back to top Go down
http://www.advancedfootballmanager.co.uk
craigpp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - reactions   Round 11 - reactions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 1:10 pm

Hate to say it but I'm really starting to get the shits with this game. The amount of chances I create without getting results is absolutely fucking ridiculous. I could continue my rant but it might be kind of me to end it right here.
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - reactions   Round 11 - reactions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 6:29 pm

craigpp wrote:
Hate to say it but I'm really starting to get the shits with this game. The amount of chances I create without getting results is absolutely fucking ridiculous. I could continue my rant but it might be kind of me to end it right here.

Yes, for me to only win 1-0 against T, looking at the chances on goal seriosuly suggests there is an issue with scoring.

Will lowering the keepers be enough?
Back to top Go down
andieglen
Sunday League
Sunday League
andieglen

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - reactions   Round 11 - reactions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 2:01 am

you've set your stall now stick with it!

this game seriously annoys the cr@p out of me but the challenge i like.

giving it a go and i think everyone else is, yes your keepers are too high rated, fitness and positioning are a b1tch, think by changing values ie GK's, DEF's, MID's, FOR 's etc has to a degree tarnished your game. its still challenging though.

me personally, when you get the game engine, sample squads etc as soon as there's manuall input the game changes and takes it own form, let us struggle for a while to see if we can crack it?
Back to top Go down
andieglen
Sunday League
Sunday League
andieglen

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - reactions   Round 11 - reactions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 2:03 am

someone once said i was a geek, let me have a go, to see if i can find the loop whole, if i carnt. re-fig the whole thing?
Back to top Go down
craigpp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - reactions   Round 11 - reactions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 6:45 am

I did have a quick discussion with Scott via e-mail on the matter this morning. Basically what I said was that I don't think there are any other problems than the goalkeeper ratings. Teams are making plenty of chances (which is what we like to see), its just the goalkeeper skills that are keeping almost everything out.
Back to top Go down
Rags
Sunday League
Sunday League

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - reactions   Round 11 - reactions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 12:29 pm

Plus keepers are increasing more than any other position Shocked
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - reactions   Round 11 - reactions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 1:43 pm

To keep you all in the loop, both Craig and I have examined the game, and other than the keepers being too highly rated there doesnt seem to be anything else causing the slim chance of scoring.

Now, I have been talking to the chap who created the engine we are using, he is going through everything with a fine toothcomb, so once I hear back from him we will know for def what the deal is.

Dont worry things wont be changed this season, as everybody is on the same playing field, but I do envisage change for season two, as dominating games but being unable to score is no fiun for anybody!
Back to top Go down
andieglen
Sunday League
Sunday League
andieglen

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - reactions   Round 11 - reactions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 10:08 pm

tbh scott just ignore my post, i think craig has been involved in ESMS for many years now, so probably has a better idea of whats going.
Back to top Go down
andieglen
Sunday League
Sunday League
andieglen

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - reactions   Round 11 - reactions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 10:34 pm

Scott - Bordeaux wrote:

Yes, for me to only win 1-0 against T, looking at the chances on goal seriosuly suggests there is an issue with scoring.

Will lowering the keepers be enough?

just a quick note though, i read somewhere that in the new version of esms there was something put in to stop the error of A against T away or something like that.

i think craig might explain that better (if he knows what im on about)lol
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - reactions   Round 11 - reactions Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 12:03 am

Im not aware of that, but at 70% T should be getting beaten, though the stats craig crunched have shown it isnt chances that arent plentyfull, its converting them.

His stats were

Basically, what I did was take the League 2 senior teams, the shots of each squad, the amount of goals they scored (and also how many games each squad had played). The league average ended up being that we need an average of 18 shots to score. Bristol Rovers (9.5 shots per goal) and Dortmund (10.4 shots) were the lowest while Atalanta (45 shots) and Bordeaux (54.3 shots) were the highest. The rest of the clubs averaged between 18 and 22 shots per goal. This also does not include own goals and doesn't take into account how many shots were on or off target but it sort of answered a couple of questions for me because I thought my own team was quite bad but in fact, my team are pretty much on par with the league average.
Back to top Go down
andieglen
Sunday League
Sunday League
andieglen

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - reactions   Round 11 - reactions Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 12:26 am

yes but you have to take into account tactic changes and bonuses as well, as well as fatigue. i dont disagree with keepers being too high rated, as they are, when setting up your team rosters using (hopefully) the roster creator you have manually changed keepers wich upsets the balance.

but you did say in EFL when defending your keeper that a lower rated forward can score.

also if it takes 28 shots but 12 on target for your guys to score against T, (which has a bugfix in it) why did sydney have 1 shot on and 1 goal?
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - reactions   Round 11 - reactions Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 12:37 am

You tell me!

After all, Bristol Rovers are banging in the goals, so it isnt that impossible.
Back to top Go down
andieglen
Sunday League
Sunday League
andieglen

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - reactions   Round 11 - reactions Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 12:54 am

first off not dissing your game.

i was once told that when making a suggestion especially towards ESMS it should be universal, in other words what benifits the game engine not the game your playing.

just so where clear?

secondly criss is the only team that has played A, week in week out. wich obviously increases his chances or the shooting abs of his team. also when you read the help files of older games, mainly the part about aggression, in a way aggression is to a degree concidered to be the 5th skill, now to me it seems strange that criss's team have very low aggresion levels, the players that havent, are his worse offenders. so i would love to know what his aggression is set at for each game. coz that + players agg + tactic is working major time.

anyway im not a fan of T anyway as to me its a gloryfied N tactic at a lower rate and with the bugfix in, is a pain in the @rse, but what does T actually do, does it reduce main skill or all????
Back to top Go down
craigpp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - reactions   Round 11 - reactions Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:00 pm

andieglen wrote:
tbh scott just ignore my post, i think craig has been involved in ESMS for many years now, so probably has a better idea of whats going.

My first post in this thread was borne of frustration (which usually happens when I lose in such a fashion lol) so its not like you were out of line. I got over it pretty quick and I don't think there's much I need to say other than what I've noticed in the game. I don't think the game is broken, its just the goalies. I think we will enjoy the game if a couple more goals are scored while not getting trigger-happy Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - reactions   Round 11 - reactions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 11 - reactions
Page 1 of 1