Advanced Football Manager
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Advanced Football Manager

The Advanced Football Manager Forum!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sides - the full detail

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

Sides - the full detail Empty
PostSubject: Sides - the full detail   Sides - the full detail Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 1:36 pm

OK, heres Chris' notes on the impact of sides for players.

I am still seeing teams playing irregular positions, thats fine, but here you can read the impactthat has.

Here's what the code says/does:

Players have sides they are good at, out of L(eft), R(ight) and C(entre). These are listed in the roster under "Prs" (Prefers). So a player who can play Left or Centre has LC listed. Just Right will be R listed etc.

In the teamsheet as well as a postion (DF, DM, MF, AM, FW) you add the side they will play on (so DFs become DFL, DFR or DFC) and there is no specific limit to which sides folk play on (so you could have 3 DFLs I guess).

When calculating player stats/contribution to the game, the engine checks for Balance: how well do your sides match.

For each major location (DF, MF, FW), *** with AMs and DMs counting as MFs ***, balance is checked. The numbers on the L, R and C are compared. If there are unequal numbers of lefties and righties, a performance adjustment is calculated based on -25% * (difference in numbers/sum of numbers)

So with 1 Left and no right, adjust is -25% * (1/1) = -25%
With 3 L and 1 right, adjust is -25% * (2/4) = -12.5%
etc

If there are just 4+ centre guys and no left or right (eg DMC, MFC, MFC, MFC, AMC) then the adjust is a fixed -13%

This is done, as I mentioned, for DF, MF and FW, so there are potentially 3 adjusters, one for each major location. These adjusters are applied to the major stat (Tk for DF, Ps for MF and Sh for FW) of all the players in the location (so AMs and DMs only count as MFs and only their Ps will be affected)

These effects are noticeable! 25% off a 10 rated DF brings his (and all his DF colleagues!) down to 7.5 tackling.
Back to top Go down
http://www.advancedfootballmanager.co.uk
Rags
Sunday League
Sunday League

PostSubject: Re: Sides - the full detail   Sides - the full detail Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 3:53 pm

So what if your def/mid had

2 Lefts and 2 Rights would there be any adjustment?
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: Sides - the full detail   Sides - the full detail Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 4:15 pm

do u mean 2 L in ur defence and 2 R in mid?
Back to top Go down
Rags
Sunday League
Sunday League

PostSubject: Re: Sides - the full detail   Sides - the full detail Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:58 pm

Scott - Bordeaux wrote:
do u mean 2 L in ur defence and 2 R in mid?

No instead of playing R C C L in def which i consider the norm you play R R L L in def
Back to top Go down
Rags
Sunday League
Sunday League

PostSubject: Re: Sides - the full detail   Sides - the full detail Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 3:42 pm

Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: Sides - the full detail   Sides - the full detail Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 7:01 pm

I havent tried it myself, and i personally wouldnt reccomend it!

I would guess that it would have a similar effect to playing all centres, give it a try john and show us all what happens!
Back to top Go down
Rags
Sunday League
Sunday League

PostSubject: Re: Sides - the full detail   Sides - the full detail Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 7:47 pm

No worries

I've just gave it a go for my cup game tomorrow, lets hope it works! afro
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: Sides - the full detail   Sides - the full detail Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 9:55 pm

Rags wrote:
No worries

I've just gave it a go for my cup game tomorrow, lets hope it works! afro

haha if you have you deserve to lose!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sides - the full detail   Sides - the full detail Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sides - the full detail
Page 1 of 1