Advanced Football Manager
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Advanced Football Manager

The Advanced Football Manager Forum!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why should I avoid relegation?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
harry@fctwente
Need to practice
Need to practice
harry@fctwente

Why should I avoid relegation? Empty
PostSubject: Why should I avoid relegation?   Why should I avoid relegation? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 3:50 pm

As I look at the prize money in both leagues I think I better relegate now and try to go for top place in second league next season (14 mil.) in stead of fighting for place 6, 7 or 8 in first league (6, 4, 2 mil.).
Maybe this is something to look at Scott?
Or did I miss something?
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: Why should I avoid relegation?   Why should I avoid relegation? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 7:36 pm

Hmmm definately something to ponder, though there is no garentee any team dropping down will get that all elusive league 2 title, i see hwer eyou are coming from.

Obviously wont change this season, and may not change the total payment for league 2 champions as it sort of simulates the chas injection promoted clubs get in any league.

What are peoples thoughts?

Looking at it as if I wasnt running the game, I would possibly keep 1st and 2nd the same to represent the bonus of moving to the top league, but then lower the amound given to 3rd-8th.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.advancedfootballmanager.co.uk
James - Sau Paulo
Need to practice
Need to practice

PostSubject: Re: Why should I avoid relegation?   Why should I avoid relegation? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 8:17 pm

maybe some sponsorship money higher league get more

keep teams interested in staying up
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: Why should I avoid relegation?   Why should I avoid relegation? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 11:59 pm

relegated teams get the following

Seventh - 4 mil
Eighth - 2 mil

div two prizes are

Champions - 14 mil
Runners up - 12 mil

so the best a team could hope for cash wise would be, over the two seasons, 4mil + 14 = 18 mil.

Bear in mind this is best case scenario, thats an average of 9mil per season, which would equate to between fith/sixth in the top league. On that basis, maybe it is slightly high, but wouldnt say overly so when you consider that would be for an ideal deliberate relegation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.advancedfootballmanager.co.uk
craigpp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why should I avoid relegation?   Why should I avoid relegation? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 4:57 am

Scott - Bordeaux wrote:
relegated teams get the following

Seventh - 4 mil
Eighth - 2 mil

div two prizes are

Champions - 14 mil
Runners up - 12 mil

so the best a team could hope for cash wise would be, over the two seasons, 4mil + 14 = 18 mil.

Bear in mind this is best case scenario, thats an average of 9mil per season, which would equate to between fith/sixth in the top league. On that basis, maybe it is slightly high, but wouldnt say overly so when you consider that would be for an ideal deliberate relegation.

That's precisely what I was thinking. The money situation is not really an issue. The only potential issue would then be the amount of ab's potentially gained after being relegated. I don't consider this an issue either, as all clubs are fairly equal skill-wise in AFM.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why should I avoid relegation?   Why should I avoid relegation? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why should I avoid relegation?
Page 1 of 1