44%
 44% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Donating season 2   Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:32 pm

Guys I recently had a manager ask via email about donating and if it was an option.

The answer was no, as I dont think it would be right at this stage for the game.

However, the email go tme thinking, and I have a suggestion to put to you all.

As said, I dont think that AFM is ready for the inclusion of donating as we all know it yet, and probably wouldnt be for a few seasons yet, but how about the following.

(Remember, this is only my suggestion, you may have better)

Basically, every manager who posts in both pre-match/post-match threads for their games recieves an abs bonus EOS.

What the bonus would be im unsure of as yet, no more than 1000 abs in total I fell, possibly lower.

This gives two positives,

1 - the forum would be a lot busier with im sure all managers talking.

2 - you guys get to donate meaning your young stars can be developed and progressed as you would do in most other esms games.

Its only an idea, so id be interested in your thoughts.

Scott
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.advancedfootballmanager.co.uk
Rags
Sunday League
Sunday League

PostSubject: Re: Donating season 2   Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:03 pm

Not to sure mate, but it's a great idea. Anything that can get the Forum buzzing is obvious a help as a successful game needs an active board, wheather giving out abs is the right way I don't know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
andieglen
Sunday League
Sunday League
andieglen

PostSubject: Re: Donating season 2   Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:35 pm

also unsure.

yeah it might get the fourm active, but the quality of posts will be intresting to see (posting for the h3ll of it)

also i dont think it takes anything away from the game itself if managers dont post as often as other.

this however could be used when managers are needed to post and express their views ie developement and polls etc Wink

i do agree once the game has developed then donations can be an option but again early days.

other ways of awarding abs is monthly awards MOM, most active user (john would win this hands down) most improved, sympathy award etc etc

anyhoo my 2 pence worth!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jonny-Atlanta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Donating season 2   Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:03 pm

Why not do a manager of the month award like PBEMFF, and set up a form page??

Winner recieves 500 ABS each month which they can put on any player they want, no matter how good, or bad that player is!

This then takes away the problem of people posting things like :

'Atlanta will win this week' - Just to get there reward!

There's my brain well and truely wrecked, I need a lie dow lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: Donating season 2   Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:13 pm

well if we did do it like i first posted, obviously, posts like "whooo, i won" wouldnt get them the eos bonus, managers would have to show a willingness to write more than that,

manager of the month idea im not keen on for a number of reasons, it just basically rewards the best team mor eoften than not meaning its of little interest to anybody else.

Keep the ideas coming though lads
Back to top Go down
andieglen
Sunday League
Sunday League
andieglen

PostSubject: Re: Donating season 2   Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:04 am

as i said, use bonuses when needed to produce activity when needed.

apart from that use extra abs as an incentive to do well, there's loads of teams who wouldnt win owt, but its never the same team twice that actual does do well?

i love the little guy who turns things round and produces the goods when needed, thats a true manager to me. so award them if necessary.

i think you have a good core manager base to realize it aint glory thats important its how you use what you have? which is ?

yeah john and scott would get the most active but managers like james, harry, criss to mention a few would get working with sh1t gets results?

if you know what i mean??????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
andieglen
Sunday League
Sunday League
andieglen

PostSubject: Re: Donating season 2   Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:06 am

no offence!

but it takes more skill to produce results with a cr@p team than a good one?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: Donating season 2   Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:01 pm

hahaha thanks andie for clearing that little puzzle up! I wondered why it was so hard for me to get Bordeuax to win
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: Donating season 2   Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:05 am

hmmm seems opinions are still split on this.

I would like to get something arranged for season 2 though, will have to put my thinking cap back on now im better!
Back to top Go down
tone
Need to practice
Need to practice

PostSubject: Re: Donating season 2   Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:49 am

What about this

each club puts in 200k(each time you anounce when you have the draw) max 5 draws =1 million they must go onto the forum to do this
which will be converted into 200 abb and you have a monthly draw or when every you want(divisional optional, depending on the amount that take part) all the cash will be added together and when the draw is made you you divide the abbs into 3prizes to use on any player you want

make sence?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: Donating season 2   Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:26 pm

tone wrote:
What about this

each club puts in 200k(each time you anounce when you have the draw) max 5 draws =1 million they must go onto the forum to do this
which will be converted into 200 abb and you have a monthly draw or when every you want(divisional optional, depending on the amount that take part) all the cash will be added together and when the draw is made you you divide the abbs into 3prizes to use on any player you want

make sence?

let me read this a few more times before i comment...

confused

haha
Back to top Go down
Rags
Sunday League
Sunday League

PostSubject: Re: Donating season 2   Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:19 pm

tone wrote:
What about this

make sence?

What draw, is this a raffle or summit!! santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: Donating season 2   Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:56 pm

must say tone read it a couple of times and still cany quite digest it mate!
Back to top Go down
Jonny-Atlanta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Donating season 2   Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:57 pm

Me neither

It makes no sense to me at all lol!

Try to explain again mate
Back to top Go down
View user profile
craigpp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Donating season 2   Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:30 am

The original idea Scott put up is a great encouragement for everyone to post. I say we should go for this idea yesterday, it is a potential shot in the arm for the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harry@fctwente
Need to practice
Need to practice
harry@fctwente

PostSubject: Re: Donating season 2   Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:01 am

I don't like the idea of getting rewards for posting on this forum. Like stated above, some will post only to get the reward. And personnaly speaking, maybe I'm the only non-native English speaking manager in AFM, but for me posting here is a little difficult. I know you guys don't mind reading my language faults, but still it takes 10 minutes to type a post like this one. I feel like it definitely has to be something useful I'm posting, before I do. Btw, sometimes I have to read certain posts twice or more often to even understand what has been said. (And not only Tone's post above Smile .)

What about adding a prediction system to the game? Every correct score gives 10 abs for a primary skill, every correct result gives 10 for a secondary skill, for instance.
Or every correct score givves 10 abs for a player the manager can chooce, every correct result gives 10 abs for a randomly chosen player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: Donating season 2   Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:40 am

thats certainly a good idea harry.

I dont usually like prediction games, only because i am rubbish at them!

But this would certaintly make it worthwhile for everybody to play, a good idea for all to think about i think!
Back to top Go down
harry@fctwente
Need to practice
Need to practice
harry@fctwente

PostSubject: Re: Donating season 2   Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:11 pm

What about a training system? One of the things in ESMS I always have missed is training. Like in real life, players get better by training, not only by playing games.
I think this must be a lot of work to do, but it certainly would add another dimension to Advanced Football Manager.

For instance, a simple way of training: a manager can hire a trainer who can train a maximum of let's say 3 randomly choosen players who don't play a game that week, and give them a fixed amount abs (let's say 20) in the primary skill.
Possible features (which will mean more work for the administrator):
- the manager can pick the 3 players to give the abs to himself
- the manager can choose to give the abs to a secundary skill
- the manager can choose between trainers: a more expensive trainer can train 5 players
- the manager can choose between trainers: players trained by a more expensive trainer get more than 20 abs
- the manager con choose between trainers with different skills themselves: a defensive trainer let DF's progress more
- choice: the manager can hire a trainer season long or he can hire them for one month and hire another one after that month
- and there must be some more features.

This will give managers a nice question to think about: invest in buying players or invest in a good trainer.
And this last question will give some serious banter on the Forum as well, I think.

Opinions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: Donating season 2   Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:23 pm

harry@fctwente wrote:
What about a training system? One of the things in ESMS I always have missed is training. Like in real life, players get better by training, not only by playing games.
I think this must be a lot of work to do, but it certainly would add another dimension to Advanced Football Manager.

For instance, a simple way of training: a manager can hire a trainer who can train a maximum of let's say 3 randomly choosen players who don't play a game that week, and give them a fixed amount abs (let's say 20) in the primary skill.
- the manager can choose between trainers: a more expensive trainer can train 5 players
- the manager can choose between trainers: players trained by a more expensive trainer get more than 20 abs
- the manager con choose between trainers with different skills themselves: a defensive trainer let DF's progress more
- choice: the manager can hire a trainer season long or he can hire them for one month and hire another one after that month

This will give managers a nice question to think about: invest in buying players or invest in a good trainer.
And this last question will give some serious banter on the Forum as well, I think.

Opinions?

i quite like it, will be interested to see what everyone else thinks.

NOTE: as its quite a major idea, id be looking at season three for it to be included so beat that in mind when thinking over harrys ideas.
Back to top Go down
craigpp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Donating season 2   Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:39 am

harry@fctwente wrote:

Opinions?

I like all of those ideas as long as Scott can keep up with it all (or Steven, either way). I have two different re-rater programs. One you can designate points towards primary, secondary and tertiary stats (very simple) and another which distributes points according to how high or low their stat is (a bit more technical but perhaps more realistic, very easy program to use as well). So we could be onto a winner, we just want to make sure Scott and Steven aren't overloading themselves, which is a danger that I'm aware of ;D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: Donating season 2   Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:33 pm

im putting together an idea regarding coaching, which should, if implemented prove easy to keep on top of from an admin side of things. will get stuck into it over the xmas period and hopefully be able to put it forward to everybody in the new year
Back to top Go down
newgold
Need to practice
Need to practice

PostSubject: Re: Donating season 2   Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:37 am

i do agree once the game has developed then donations can be an option but again early days.
Love Famous Quotes | Quotes by Angelina Jolie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Donating season 2   

Back to top Go down

Donating season 2
Page 1 of 1