Advanced Football Manager
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Advanced Football Manager

The Advanced Football Manager Forum!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Round 1 Predictions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
craigpp
Admin

Round 1 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Round 1 Predictions   Round 1 Predictions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:21 am

Boca Juniors - Bristol Rovers
Surely Chris is a massive favourite to progress here, despite struggling in League 1 so far. 1-3

CSKA - Sau Paulo
Think Steven has a big task to stop Sao Paulo here. The Brazilians have already beaten CSKA in the league, albeit helped by a T sheet from Steven. I think James has more than enough in the tank to do the same here, though. 0-2

Coventry City - Bordeaux
Big contest between Rags and Scott here. I think Coventry are just going to have enough to see off Bordeaux but its probably going to be a tight one. 1-0

Leicester City - Sevilla
A massive tie here. Sevilla beat Leicester in Round 3 of the league by a single goal and if there is to be a winner in normal time, it's only going to be by a single goal. I think Lee is most likely to win and turn the tables on his rival. 1-0

Sydney FC - Newcastle
Sydney have started the season well with three wins out of four. Newcastle present a unique challenge and a pretty strong squad, though they lack a recognised goalscorer. I think I should just about scrape through this one but I'm sure it will be a close one. 1-0

Atalanta - Steaua Buchurest
Atalanta come off this weekend's fixtures with a good away win, while Steaua were beaten. Atalanta also beat Steaua in Round 2 by a single goal. I think they'll be able to record a second straight win against the Romanian club. 2-0

FC Twente - Grasshoppers
Twente to take out this tie as Bryn continues to try and find the right formula for the Grasshoppers. 2-0

FC Zenit - AZ Alkmaar
League 2 leaders AZ face a tricky away tie at Zenit. While AZ proved too strong this weekend in an identical fixture, expect Zenit to field a stronger line-up when it really is all or nothing for them. I'm tipping a slight upset - the hosts to progress! 2-1
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Predictions   Round 1 Predictions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:40 am

Boca Juniors - Bristol Rovers
I fancy Boca to pull this one out of the bag and kickstart their season, 2-0

CSKA - Sau Paulo
I may still be sheeting for the brazilians, as I dont think James is back untill the 6th. I know he will be after a convincing cup run, and hope I can get him started on the journey! 0-1 (i hope!)

Coventry City - Bordeaux
John must surely be confident against me, with my stuttering squad he has to be faves? I will however be going hell for leather to win this one

Leicester City - Sevilla
Away win I feel. I know Lee isnt happy with his season so far, so fear he may do something drastic this game, which usually always backfires fromw hat I have seen.
0-2

Sydney FC - Newcastle
The geordie outfit have such a strong squad, I think Tone just needs to, like myself, find the key to winning! Craig seems to want a cup run, does Tone? 1-1 replay

Atalanta - Steaua Buchurest
Who knows what either manager will do! I think they may cancel each other out 0-0

FC Twente - Grasshoppers
Will Bryn sheet? If he doesnt he will be leaving the game, which is unfortunate, but a unique challenge for Harry to try and guess if he will or not.

FC Zenit - AZ Alkmaar
I have to disagree with Craig, Alkmaar were my original promotion tips for season 1, and may, having Simon in charge, unleash that potential stored there! 1-2
Back to top Go down
http://www.advancedfootballmanager.co.uk
shawry - LCFC
Need to practice
Need to practice
shawry - LCFC

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Predictions   Round 1 Predictions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 9:02 pm

only chance of silverware now,

really wanted 2 win this cup at start of season so gonna do my best to nock out 1 of the favorites 1st round
Back to top Go down
andieglen
Sunday League
Sunday League
andieglen

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Predictions   Round 1 Predictions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 9:50 pm

i think if the fixture was at home i would of been confident going into this one.

there's always a replay What a Face
Back to top Go down
rags1

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Predictions   Round 1 Predictions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 2:48 pm

On a serious note, I think Scott has got a really strong first 11 and i'm going to have my work cut out to pick up a result here.

I've gone and done an Andie and picked a very experimental side so anything could happen.

0-0 cherry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Predictions   Round 1 Predictions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 1 Predictions
Page 1 of 1