Advanced Football Manager
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Advanced Football Manager

The Advanced Football Manager Forum!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Youth Cup Round 1 Preview

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
craigpp
Admin

Youth Cup Round 1 Preview Empty
PostSubject: Youth Cup Round 1 Preview   Youth Cup Round 1 Preview Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 1:31 am

Grasshoppers - Newcastle

FC Zenit - Sevilla

CSKA - AZ Alkmaar

FC Twente - Leicester City

Sau Paulo - Boca

Sydney FC - Steaua Buchurest

Coventry City - Bristol Rovers

Bordeaux - Atalanta
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: Youth Cup Round 1 Preview   Youth Cup Round 1 Preview Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:34 am

Bordeaux - Atalanta

I know Jonny will be desperate to beat me on this, but need to make the most of home advantage so cant be too defensive. Should be an open game, may even "relegate" a few star youngsters to play to ensure we get through, may be worth them losing their bonuses, will have to think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.advancedfootballmanager.co.uk
Jonny-Atlanta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Youth Cup Round 1 Preview   Youth Cup Round 1 Preview Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 12:39 pm

Scott - Bordeaux wrote:
Bordeaux - Atalanta

I know Jonny will be desperate to beat me on this, but need to make the most of home advantage so cant be too defensive. Should be an open game, may even "relegate" a few star youngsters to play to ensure we get through, may be worth them losing their bonuses, will have to think.

Understatement!!

Atlanta are going hell for leather for this win, and nothing but a second round tie will please me!

Even if it needs a replay to turn you over, I will be happy!!

P.S - If you put a few first teamers into your reserve squad, it is only fair if you put this up onto your teamsheet as soon as possible so I can see who you have droped down!!

It is a massive disadvantage for me if I cant even see what players you have availavle to you (also not fair)
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: Youth Cup Round 1 Preview   Youth Cup Round 1 Preview Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 1:26 pm

i can sense you pulling all manners of excuses out of the bag when i demolish your mediocre side!!!! Started already eh hahaha

Prepare yourself for a thumping Jonny boy, just prepare yourself!
Back to top Go down
Jonny-Atlanta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Youth Cup Round 1 Preview   Youth Cup Round 1 Preview Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 3:14 pm

Scott - Bordeaux wrote:
i can sense you pulling all manners of excuses out of the bag when i demolish your mediocre side!!!! Started already eh hahaha

Prepare yourself for a thumping Jonny boy, just prepare yourself!

Seriously though, you have to let me know!

If you dont it is a form of cheating! Razz

I want any players you are putting in that side to be done by midnight Tuesday/Wednesday so I have a chance to work out my side etc etc

Also, If I was to do the same you would know, therefore I deserve to know!
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: Youth Cup Round 1 Preview   Youth Cup Round 1 Preview Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 3:50 pm

I think you will find no manager HAS to move players at a certan deadline, infact, I have had a few cases where managers have named players they want moving along with their teamsheet.

If you wish to move players, by all means include them with your sheet and I wont look untill i come to run the games but I wont be uploading my cheanges so you can see who i will be playing as i have never done it before and wont start just because im involved in a game.

This was actually one of the reasons i didnt want to manage ateam in the game, when the words "cheat/cheating" get thrown about it is not good whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Jonny-Atlanta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Youth Cup Round 1 Preview   Youth Cup Round 1 Preview Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 4:28 pm

I never said you were a cheat, I said it would be a form of cheating!!

Well maybe that is something we should look at?????

Like in real life, the squad has to be announced 24 hours or more before kick off!!

Set a deadline for Friday night's 12pm for any squad changes/movements!!!
Back to top Go down
craigpp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Youth Cup Round 1 Preview   Youth Cup Round 1 Preview Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 4:50 pm

This is a competition I'm especially focusing on to do well in, not least of which because I'm defending the Youth Cup crown this season and will be even harder in a knockout format! A very important game against Steaua here. I would like to win this to give the boys at least another 90 minutes out on the pitch. For potential stars like Necevski, Kantarovski and Mileski, I don't think they will lose out too much if Sydney somehow lose this game but those who are on the brink (Biddle and Payne in particular) are going to suffer if I don't get far here. So a big game for youngsters, hopefully their good form can continue and keep producing some more entertainment for AFM!
Back to top Go down
shawry - LCFC
Need to practice
Need to practice
shawry - LCFC

PostSubject: Re: Youth Cup Round 1 Preview   Youth Cup Round 1 Preview Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:03 pm

if a manager is prepaired to loose all his bonuses i dont see a problem

why should u have 2 name ur squad b4 thats just letting the other team no how 2 beat u

and as 4 moving players between squads i think there should be a sort of cup tie thing u cant play in both cups?

as 4 cheating iv known scott a long time thats 1 thing u guys dont have 2 worry about
Back to top Go down
Jonny-Atlanta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Youth Cup Round 1 Preview   Youth Cup Round 1 Preview Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 12:14 am

No one has mentioned Scott cheating lol!

All I said is that we should set a deadline for team changes to be made and they should be put on the site. Like in real life, squads have to be sent in 24 hours in advance and the other manager gets to see this.

P.s - What do you mean by people losing there bonuses??
Back to top Go down
craigpp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Youth Cup Round 1 Preview   Youth Cup Round 1 Preview Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 12:33 am

Relax, guys. I'm sure Jonny is just taking the piss Smile
Back to top Go down
newgold
Need to practice
Need to practice

PostSubject: Re: Youth Cup Round 1 Preview   Youth Cup Round 1 Preview Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 7:11 pm

Even if it needs a replay to turn you over, I will be happy!!
Angelina Jolie Famous Quotes
Angelina Jolie Photos
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Youth Cup Round 1 Preview   Youth Cup Round 1 Preview Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Youth Cup Round 1 Preview
Page 1 of 1