Advanced Football Manager
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Advanced Football Manager

The Advanced Football Manager Forum!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Round 7 - reactions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

Round 7 - reactions Empty
PostSubject: Round 7 - reactions   Round 7 - reactions Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 10:17 pm

:-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.advancedfootballmanager.co.uk
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - reactions   Round 7 - reactions Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 10:18 pm

malkymckay wrote:
Boca Juniors 0 - 0 Leicester City

the prediction above was a big home win but in fairness with the match stats i should have lost again, i got out foxed and was countered P v C and lost out on most stats

im not sure these week in week out scores of 0-0 or 1-0 are getting the managers juices flowing!!!! it must just be me that likes the 5- 5 match reports better
Back to top Go down
Rags
Sunday League
Sunday League

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - reactions   Round 7 - reactions Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:28 am

Well i'm happy with the win, but once again struggled to score in a game I absolutely dominated. My reserve team are also starting to get it together.

This league is as close as you can get with the preseason favourites Boca and sevilla proping up the table but only 5 points off the top. If any team can string three or four wins together that should be enough to see them through as champions.
Back to top Go down
andieglen
Sunday League
Sunday League
andieglen

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - reactions   Round 7 - reactions Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 3:44 pm

Scott - Bordeaux wrote:
malkymckay wrote:
Boca Juniors 0 - 0 Leicester City

the prediction above was a big home win but in fairness with the match stats i should have lost again, i got out foxed and was countered P v C and lost out on most stats

im not sure these week in week out scores of 0-0 or 1-0 are getting the managers juices flowing!!!! it must just be me that likes the 5- 5 match reports better

yeah i must admit, the scores might be to some, realistic, but they aint that entertaining.

my game against john this week would probably been a much higher scoring game elsewhere, basicly the score flattered sevilla and just looks like they just got beat.

but saying that where all still getting used to the setup of things here in afm, so who's to say in a few seasons when teams have been built up over time and all have squads of 20 rated players and ample cover for each position ie x2 DFL X3/4 DFC X2 DFR ETC ETC then tactics might be more influencial in games and we could see more 3-0 results or 4-2 and so on.

all im doing is working out if these extra positions make a great deal of difference to the games, yeah there is a slight variation but nowt major really.
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - reactions   Round 7 - reactions Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 3:47 pm

Hmmm, so what do we do?

Obviously im not gonna change things mid season, but for next season, what would you suggest?

Leave it as it is? - As Andie says, everyone is new to this

Reduce goalkeepers stats? - One way to increase the amount of goals scored, but is that really the issue?

Increase the home bonus? - Not exactly a fair way to get goals in my eyes

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
andieglen
Sunday League
Sunday League
andieglen

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - reactions   Round 7 - reactions Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 3:56 pm

do nothing.

just let the game run and managers can get to grips with it properly.

a win is a win at the end of the day, it could be a simple case of managers cancelling each other out, or there is not enough depth to deal with both fitness and the extra positions.

you wont really know until teams are developed properly. (a couple of seasons)

my personal feeling on esms based games is that managers with tactical know how, or ones who can predict well enough other teams tactics, dont seem to gain a great deal of an advantage. but thats my view, obviously there is loads of other factors to concider as well. but i suppose it does have to be a level playing field, suitable for all types of managers.

just my view
Back to top Go down
andieglen
Sunday League
Sunday League
andieglen

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - reactions   Round 7 - reactions Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 4:00 pm

if you think about it it took maybe 3 seasons in efl for teams to get used to the fitness part of the game by rotating players, the extra positions is obviously an extra thing to deal with as well.

i think in all fairness teams need to have at least 22 first teams players of the same quality to rotate for fitness and to suit a certain style or formation to play in.

until that is achieved then its always going to be hard.
Back to top Go down
Rags
Sunday League
Sunday League

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - reactions   Round 7 - reactions Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 5:28 pm

Don't think the fitness or positional additions is the reason but I don't think drastic changes need to be made.

The only thing with the close games is abs are not going to be so great so a lot less progression.

As Andie said though it may just take a while for people to work out formations and styles.

I have a master plan, which is coming into play for the home run. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Rags
Sunday League
Sunday League

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - reactions   Round 7 - reactions Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 5:30 pm

But to be fair not having one team score more than a goal a game or conceding more than a goal a game, aint really the way forward.

Would be interesting to see what is the average goals to game ratio was where the T tactic has not been involved.
Back to top Go down
andieglen
Sunday League
Sunday League
andieglen

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - reactions   Round 7 - reactions Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 6:16 pm

tbh i know exactly why we aint scoring, that aint hard to work out at all.
Back to top Go down
malkymckay
Need to practice
Need to practice
malkymckay

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - reactions   Round 7 - reactions Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 6:24 pm

again ive got to agree and i wouldnt change anything at the moment....

the problem is the engine for this game was made to be adjusted..

you would think the guy who made the thing would know the correct settings to make the thing run perfect, ie should keepers be 4/5 skills higher than the outfield players to stop high scoring games

there is a thin line but, too low a keeper skill and results might not be fair due to goals flying in , too high a keeper skill and games are all 0-0 or 1-0 and abbs dont increase at a good rate
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitefootballleague.co.uk
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - reactions   Round 7 - reactions Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:37 pm

As some of you are aware, this version of esms is modifiable (if thats a word) tactically.

I will post up what the current factors are today in a seperate post, may as well let you know that all the bonus' are pretty much what the main esms guys already know.

However, these can be changed, such as, in my opinion L isnt really set up right,considering your midfield are basically void, the passing that defenders recieve in L isnt anywhere near high enough to create assists.

But itll be good to hear what you guys make of it all!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - reactions   Round 7 - reactions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 7 - reactions
Page 1 of 1