Advanced Football Manager
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Advanced Football Manager

The Advanced Football Manager Forum!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Round 8 Preview

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
craigpp
Admin

Round 8 Preview Empty
PostSubject: Round 8 Preview   Round 8 Preview Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 8:33 am

Potentially one of the most exciting rounds of League 2 so far with everything so close. The top four meet in two seperate matches while the bottom four meet in the other two:

Bordeaux - AZ Alkmaar
Simon has been incredibly fortunate so far this season, particularly in midweek against Zenit when the Russians were cruelly downed by a 92nd minute own-goal. But his luck has to come to an end sooner rather than later and I think Scott's Bordeaux have a great chance of at least taking points off the league leaders. Barring last weekend's loss to Atalanta, Scott is in great form. AZ can still get the draw if they can pass the 20-rated keeper. 1-1

Boca Juniors - Newcastle
Boca endured a painful lesson in Holland last week as they were beaten by AZ. Newcastle are back in form and I tip them to go three wins on the bounce and move into the top half of the table. 0-2

Atalanta - Sydney FC
A massive encounter for both sides. Sydney came out on top 1-0 in lucky circumstances, which will make Jonny all the more determined to take the three points this weekend. I think I have a good set of tactics for the game but there's so little to choose between us that I think it will end up as a draw. Fitness levels may have an effect on the game as well. 1-1

Steaua Buchurest - FC Zenit
Bottom-of-the-table clash with Steaua hosting Zenit. I think the Romanian club will come out on top in a tight match. 1-0
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

Round 8 Preview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 8 Preview   Round 8 Preview Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:42 am

I just wrote this in the newspaper section so will paste here:

this weekends games look to be vitaly important.

I am home to AZ, a loss could see me out of the race for promotion.

A win however throws me back in the hunt.

Then, with Stalanta v Sydney, a whole host of possibilities are opening up.

I would possibly say this weekends games could well be the biggest of the season in terms of deciding peoples fate.

Also, if you look at the bottom, it is also mighty close, Newcastle could have the form needed to beat boca and push their chances of keeping contact with the top few, but Boca have the option of going for the win at home.

At the bottom, a loss for Steau or Zenit would see them stranded at the foot of the table by 3 points, a position neither manager will want them to be in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.advancedfootballmanager.co.uk

Round 8 Preview
Page 1 of 1